Monday, February 9, 2015

More State Fair Info


 

We are pleased to announce that a new state fair director has been announced and yes, Virginia, there will be an ACTE State Fair this year! Mr. Tollie Williams, who serves as director of the Northwest Alabama Fair, has agreed to serve as state fair director. Tollie is a former ACTE Fair participant, then became the Northwest Region Fair Director and now the state director as well.
The date and location for the state fair has not yet been set. However, it is expected to take place in late April in Birmingham. Look for more details on this site and at http://actefair.com/ soon.

Portions of Mr. Williams' email are excerpted (in italics) below.

Before I introduce myself, I would first like to say a deep and genuine "Thank you!" to Dr. Tom Lucy-Bouler and to Ms. Karen Cagle, for their years of service to the ACTE. I, personally, owe them a great deal of gratitude for all that the ACTE has done, and all that it has helped people become. They and their service will be missed this year.

I'm Tollie Williams, and two weeks ago I was asked to become the next State fair director. It's no small task, but one I'm honored to accept, as I have a great affection for the ACTE and its educational mission.

Right now, ACTEFAIR.com is geared for the Northwest Region, but in the comings days and weeks, I'll transition it to a website for the State, and for the Northwest Region. Please go ahead and bookmark it.

** STATE FAIR DATE / LOCATION: To be announced. Unfortunately, AUM is no longer available for hosting the fair. I'm on week #2 of trying to nail down a facility and date, but I'm working on something in Birmingham for the end of April. I know this is of great importance in planning and am working as quickly as possible.





Please note that a new State Rules document will be released soon. The 2015 Local Rules will be used at ACTE Northeast. However, the new state rules will be used at the state competition this year and will be posted to this site as soon as they are released.

Our thanks to Mr. Williams for taking on this monumental task. We look forward to supporting his work.